Vanilla Slice

As some of you may know, my father is a talented pastry chef. Sometimes if we're lucky, he makes some fresh treats at home for us.

Recently he made one of my favourites - vanilla slice.

I love vanilla slices! The dusting of icing sugar on top, the many layers (random fact: in a french patisseries, these are called millefeuille, which means 'a thousand layers')

These are quite easy to make. You just need some custard and puff pastry. I think you bake the puff pastry sheets in the oven, and then spoon over the custard and layer it. Slice into rectangles and finish with a dusting of icing sugar.

Close up of the layers



A tray of these are a perfect side for an afternoon tea!



retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

3 comments:

  1. Vanilla slice is one of my absolute fave desserts- I want one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry guys, that vanilla slice is long gone!

    ReplyDelete