Masterchef Sticky Date Pudding

I was recently invited to a dinner party which had a Masterchef theme. The host had decided to recreate Masterchef in the form of an entree, main and dessert - all using Masterchef recipes.

I thought the dessert turned out quite well - I was particularly impressed by the almond praline. An oft used line on Masterchef was "take it to the point of burning" and I felt like I could really taste that burnt flavour in the almond praline.

Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauce and almond praline



Here it has been served with vanilla ice cream and a slice of pear & ginger cake (store bought).

You can find the recipe on the Masterchef website here.

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

4 comments:

  1. Hi sonywalkmanblues: I only altered it a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. gah! i missed out!! oh well LoL when are you gonna go el jannah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi William: I really want to try El Jannah but the Granville store is a bit too far away. I recently discovered that there is also a store in Punchbowl though, so maybe I will try that one sometime.

    ReplyDelete