McDonalds, Chicken Big Mac, Various locations


I've loved McChickens ever since I was little and was a picky eating avoiding eating beef whenever I could. At Maccers I found solstice in the McChicken and the Filet'o'Fish which became my staple burger meals whenever I frequented Maccers.

So when they launched their latest creation - the McChicken Big Mac, I knew I just had to try it. The day it was launched I raced down at lunctime and jumped to the nearest Maccers - this was the Martin Place branch. Surprisingly the placed was packed and I could see I wasn't the only one going for the new burger.

I lined up patiently in the queue and ordered my medium McChicken meal. I don't remember the price but it wasn't particularly cheap. 

As with all Maccers products, the marketing images are never what the burger actually looks like. Why are there random chilies in the back of the photo??


The great chicken big mac - 2 pieces of chicken, iceberg lettuce, standard cheese, onions, pickles and big mac sauce. Sitting in the box. Size wise it was decent enough - people with small mouths may struggle to take a proper full bite of the burger.


Taking it out of the box you can see the stark difference to the marketing photo, lol. Luckily we all know to expect this and so it wasn't disappointing. 


The verdict? The 2 chicken patties were the highlights - piping hot and lightly seasoned, fried to a nice thin crispiness on the outside, flesh still relatively moist on the inside. Not totally convinced on the overall taste though as I felt with the cheese and the Big Mac sauce it tasted a bit heavy compared to the usual McChicken ingredients. Might stick to my McChicken with extra pattie going forward.

Worth trying though!
McDonald's Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

kogepanman

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment