Mussel Men, Dalston (London)

Dalson is an epicentre of edgy cool.  It's still rough around the edges and grungy but with so many pop-ups, hipster restaurants and bars, most twenty-something Londoners would be hard pressed to avoid it.

My friend told me about Mussel Men, a new place that focuses on mussels.

I love mussels - I was there.

It is a small nautical themed restaurant on Kingsland Road. Like a lot of places in East London, it is trendy...hipster.




The menu is short and to the point.  It is a choice of mussels, lobster, crab or scallops.


We decided to share a half doz rock oysters (£10)


A serving of mussels and fries


Scallops with smoked potato and bacon (£10)


The scallops were plump, fat and delicious.

However it was a Friday night and I was in a mood to splurge.  I was also ridiculously hungry and as we had shared the three plates above, I decided to go all out and get a half lobster!


Half lobster (£14)


The lobster meat was sweet and fresh but over far too soon. If I had a lobster craving, I would probably recommend Burger & Lobster over Mussel Men.

Mussel Men on Urbanspoon

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

3 comments:

  1. Rosana,

    After tasting oysters overseas, I appreciate even more how fresh and delectable Australian oysters are.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I frequent Mussel Men Restaurant and have since they opened in December 2013, I have found it to be a friendly Scottish seafood fare where people from all walks of life builders to politicians not only "hipsters" go to eat drink and meet
    see for yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi chopinandmysaucepan: I agree, the quality of seafood in Sydney and Australia generally is enviable once you go overseas!

    Hi sean: interesting comment - I didn't find anything particularly scottish about the seafood but agree it is nice, cosy restaurant to meet your friends

    ReplyDelete