The Breakfast Club, Angel (London)

>> October 4, 2013

Since moving to London, I have become accustomed to doing things by myself.  Don't get me wrong, I have some friends here but I think being new to a city is one of the best reasons to try things by yourself.

I was staying in Angel when I first arrived and it is a melting pot of restaurants and pubs in a dense little area.  There is a small alleyway called Camden Passage near Angel tube station and it comes alive with little shops, cafes and pubs.  The restaurants aren't as busy during the day and one place that caught my eye was The Breakfast Club.

After reading some reviews, it seems like The Breakfast Club gets queues out the door on weekends.  So I decided to take advantage of my traveler status and visit by myself for a nice weekday 'lunch'.

The tables and seating is packed in so you are almost rubbing elbows with your neighbours.  There are a lot of kitschy knick knacks adorning the walls.

 Flat white (£2.50) and Maple Syrup
Although it was lunchtime, I decided to order one of their breakfast dishes.

Veggie All American (£9.60)
Pancakes, eggs, veggie sausage, mushrooms, home-style fried potatoes


It was a big , American style fry-up and there was no way on earth that I could finish it!  I tried best efforts and found all items on the plate to be decent, but not amazing. Just your usual. 

The potatoes were nice and crispy.  The veggie sausage was a bit dry on the inside.

Would I come back? I definitely wouldn't queue up and I think there are too many other places in London to visit so I probably won't be back for a while!

Breakfast Club on Urbanspoon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP