Allpress Espresso, Shoreditch (London)

I like how there are several cafes and bars in London which remind me of the ones back home.  My friend suggested that we meet for a sneaky Monday brunch at Allpress Espresso in trendy Shoreditch.  I did a quick google and turns out they are a NZ based with a location in Zetland as well!

As soon as I walked into the cafe, I liked the feel of it.  It was light, airy, spacious and several people were scattered about, leisurely reading the newspaper or typing away on laptops.


We commandeered a comfy bench seat in the corner and went to order at the counter. The menu was fairly short and I decided to go for a coffee and sandwich. The food came out really quickly and the service was friendly too.

Smoked salmon and celeriac remoulade sandwich (£6.00)


Large flat white (£3.10)


I don't know if I'm in the minority, but I really like celeriac! I like it pureed, cubed, shredded.  That taste of celery without the crunch of celery is just yum! Although I like celery stalks too. 

The sandwich was normal sized (not big, not too small) and the bread had been toasted to a crunch.  The coffee was good coffee.

Quinoa cakes, chickpea and pistachio dukkar (£7.00)


 

My friend ordered the quinoa cakes.  She said that they were tasty and she looked like she was having a lot of fun assembling the wraps.

I can't wait until I have some Sydney visitors and I can bring them to this cafe for a feel of home!

Allpress Espresso
58 Redchurch Street 
Shoreditch  E2 7DP


View Larger Map

retrodaze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment