Napoli in Bocca, Haberfield

>> April 21, 2013

When I started reading about Napoli in Bocca on other food blogs, I knew I had to go try it.  Rave reviews about the delicious authentic pizza being served there made me salivate.  I dragged my friend along with me on a sunny Sunday lunchtime and we arrived to a full restaurant.

"Got a booking?" the old man at the counter asked.  When I answered no, he ran his eye down the reservation book and decided there was a table free for us - phew!  The place was bustling and we were seated next to a long table having a family lunch.  Later on, another large group arrived and we looked enviously at the large platters of pasta being placed along the tables.  It seems like it would be a good meeting place for a group feast.

Our pizzas came out quickly and they were big!

Carnevale ($19.50)
Tomato, Mozzarella, Ham, Mushrooms, Olives, Anchovies and Capsicum


Margherita ($17.50)
Tomato and mozzarella


I had the Carnevale and it was yummy. The pizza base was soft and pliable and there was just the right amount of topping.  I couldn't finish it all and had the remaining slices wrapped up to take home.  It was just as good the next day.

Napoli in Bocca on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

Helen (Grab Your Fork) April 24, 2013 at 1:07 PM  

Can't beat a classic Margherita pizza. Love the old school vibe here too.

retrodaze April 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM  

Hi Helen: I have to say that I'm not a margherita lover myself but it's the pizza of choice for a lot of my friends!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP