Coffee Warehouse Cafe & Deli, Homebush (2)

Another post on the CWCD!  We had such a good time during our last visit and I wanted to try more things off their menu. We went back the very next weekend.

It was a hot day so I avoided ordering a coffee (even though their coffee is quite good and I have always gotten one in the past).  Instead, we each ordered a fresh juice instead - you can pick from orange, pineapple, melon, apple, carrot and ginger or a combination of up to three of those.

Melon and apple juice ($6.50)


My juice arrived in an average sized cup and I dutifully admired the ombre of colours in the glass.  It was light and refreshing, but I thought it was a bit on the pricier side - am I getting out of touch? Is $6.50 for a juice in the suburbs the new norm?  My friend and I discussed it, agreeing that we would have both been happier with $5.00.

I was feeling like pizza again .

Suprema ($14.99 medium size)
Smoked ham, cabanossi, mushrooms, onion, capsicum,pineapple, olive, pomodoro, cheese

 
I ate the whole thing myself! Sometimes I am really surprised at the capacity and depth of my stomach.  The toppings were generous and I loved eating it while piping hot.  Yum, now I feel like more pizza...
Linguine Marinara ($28)
Prawns, calamari, octopus, mussels, octopus, parsley, cherry tomato, napoletana sauce
My friend really enjoyed the pasta dish and struggled to finish the generous serving size.

Tuna Nicoise ($20)
Grilled tuna fillet, artichokes, beans, potato, egg and light mayonnaise dressing

I had been eyeing the tuna salad on the menu for a while and finally decided to order it.  It was beautifully presented with the soft egg yolks making for a pretty picture.  Unfortunately the tuna was well over cooked and dry.  It was very disappointing because it could have been the perfect salad.

As it was, I struggled to finish the substantial salad which could have been a meal in itself.  I don't think I will be ordering this one again.

Coffee Warehouse: Cafe & Deli on Urbanspoon

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

3 comments:

  1. I paid $6.50 for a juice in Surry Hills today...not cheap but it was pretty nice and big too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also eaten at the CWCD and I definitely agree that the price is over the top for what is simply crushed fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Missy Piggy and Sarah Awad: My friend told me that the juices here were actually $7.00, not $6.50 as I wrote in my post. Seems like my memory isn't what it used to be!

    ReplyDelete