High Tea at The Langham, Sydney CBD

I had fond memories of having high tea at The Observatory and wanted to revisit for my birthday last year.  I must have been living under a rock because The Observatory is long gone, it is now part of the Langham Hotel group but happily, high tea is still offered in the same Globe Bar.

High tea on the weekend costs $59 per person (without champagne or any other extras).  Be sure to mention if it is a special occasion such as a birthday when booking because they will probably prepare a little treat for you!



One of the reasons I like having high tea in the Globe Bar is the elegant dining room. The high backed chairs, wood paneling and tall bookshelves make you feel like you're truly indulging in old school decadence.

On the savoury tier, there were four varieties of sandwiches and mini quiches.  We received cucumber, egg, ham & cheese and smoked salmon & cream cheese.  The staff initially forgot that we had one vegetarian at the table and didn't bring out the vegetarian option.  After reminding them, they served a separate vegetarian plate for the savoury tier and we got to keep the original sandwiches too. Score!  

 
The dessert plate was crammed with sweets.  I think my favourite was the mini creme brulee.  There were so many sweets that we couldn't finish them and packed the rest in a little box for my friend to share with her colleagues the next day.

As I mentioned, it was my birthday and to my delight, a little dessert tray was brought out which incited a rousing rendition of happy birthday.




It was a lovely way to end the high tea and I felt very spoiled. 

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com