Salmon with Dill & Lemon served with Potato Bake

 For Mother's Day, I decided to cook one of my mum's favourite fish - salmon.  I used a recipe for baked salmon fillets with fresh dill and lemon.


As a side, I made green beans and potato bake.  I love potato bake!  Such a great winter comfort dish, and so easy to make. 



I used a recipe from allrecipes.com for the salmon here  but changed a few of the ingredients after reading the tips from reviewers, including using fresh dill instead of dill weed.

For the potato bake, I followed a recipe from exclusivelyfoods here but added sliced mushrooms, onions and cheese in between the layers as well.  I also parboiled the potato slices before layering them into the tray - this helps the potatoes to cook faster when in the oven.

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment