Sir Stamford, Circular Quay

>> January 19, 2011

This is the third time that I've been to Sir Stamford for high tea. Given the number of places that serve high tea in Sydney and those visits could have been used to try somewhere new, I'm sure you will appreciate that I must really like it!

Here are a few pics from this latest high tea. By the way, I realised that I forgot to take a teapot photo! D'oh! The essence of any post about high tea! (along with a good scones photo...)

Not that the teapot was anything special - if I recall correctly, it was just a small stainless steel pot. But I have gotten the same tea each time that I've visited - the Irish Whiskey. Mmm - it is SO good! Deliciously malty. Does anyone know where I can buy this from? I keep forgetting to ask them and I've googled it but to no avail.

First up, the scones. Yum. Soft on the inside, dusted with flour. Lilianfels still holds the place in my heart for the best high tea scones, but these are pretty damn good too.





Next tier, the savouries. I love the chicken sandwiches that they do here, they are delicious! I swapped my salmon for my friend's chicken so that I could have both chickens - plus she wanted both salmon's so it was win- win.



And lastly, the sweets! There were darling little vanilla cupcakes with some grape sugar violets on top, black forest chocolate cups, mini cannoli, strawberry tarts and the centrepiece - mango pudding with flames of hard toffee shooting up from the little cups.









Yum! Usually I can't finish everything in a high tea and I didn't this time either, but I came close!

Dining Room (Sir Stamford at Circular Quay) on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

missklicious January 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM  

The mango puddings look delicious!

Helen (Grab Your Fork) January 20, 2011 at 2:15 AM  

Yum I adore scones. The toffee flames are very dramatic indeed!

retrodaze January 23, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Hi missklicious: They were so cute and very tasty!

Hi Helen: I was pretty impressed with their shape!

jrr0405 March 10, 2012 at 9:14 PM  

Just a passing reader but I noticed that there were no savouries on the menu other than the sandwiches... is this a normal menu at Sir Stamford?

retrodaze March 11, 2012 at 9:01 PM  

Hi jrr0405: Yes, the normal high tea consists of three tiers - sandwiches, scones and desserts. Hope that helps!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP