Sushi Tei, Sydney CBD

Sushi Tei is a three minute walk from my work and it is nice for a slightly more upscale lunch. It is a large restaurant with a small sushi train and normal seating as well - including booth seating.

This visit was the first time that I'd been back since a year ago. What happened was that every time I went, they would take FOREVER to bring out the food. This wasn't practical for a lunch during work hours. Additionally, the food was fantastic enough to warrant the frustration.

It looks like it's gotten a bit better though. On this occasion, the food came out fast and it was easy to get the attention of staff.

We were handed a large bundle of papers, including a menu that is hardcover and bigger than A4 size!

Sample menu



There are a lot of items on the menu to choose from and this is what we ordered:

Hodaka (8 kinds of sushi) - $14.80



This was quite nice. The good thing is that I was with an easy eater so we didn't have any trouble divvying up the sushi - great for me because my least favourites are the prawn and the eel!



Aburi salmon roll - $15.80


These were delicious! Grilled salmon on top with soft shell crab in the middle and generous lashings of mayo on the plate. I could have gobbled up the whole plate.

Salmon chasoba ($10.80)


Light soy dressing that comes with the chasoba


I liked the noodles but the salmon was fried and unfortunately it was dry and hard. Imagine if the salmon had been grilled, what a difference that would have made!


Green tea (complimentary but you have to order it)



So my mind has been changed about Sushi Tei - I'm willing to go there for lunch again, as long as they keep up this good service!

Sushi Tei is right across the road from Bacco but this time, I was far too stuffed to get a dessert afterward!


Sushi Tei on Urbanspoon

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment