Miss Saigon, Hurstville

>> December 3, 2009

Suburban Vietnamese restaurants are always better than those in the CBD. Is it the lower prices? Is it the generous servings? I think it's all of the above!

There are a few other places that serve pho in Hurstville but I think Miss Saigon is the best. The staff are very efficient and each table is quickly wiped down before seating new customers. As soon as you sit down, you are given a menu, a teapot and teacups.

One of the artworks on the wall


Lots of seating





The cutlery is contained in jars at your table and you get whatever you need for your meal.

Teapot


I ordered a bowl of pho with rare beef and beef balls.

Pho accompaniements


Pho with rare beef and beef balls ($7.50)




Yum yum. The beef was thinly sliced and I immediately dunked it underneath the noodles to help it cook. The soup was delicious and helped the rice noodles to glide down my throat.

The noodles in the bowl



Where do you go for your pho in Sydney?


Miss Saigon on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

jathon December 4, 2009 at 8:57 AM  

I like Bankstown... Than Long I think it is.. across the road from pho pasteur.. i also like pho anh but it's kinda a rip off

mademoiselle délicieuse December 5, 2009 at 11:27 AM  

I tend to end up in Flemington for pho, but I know I should go to Bankstown's Pho An to see what all the fuss is about!

arthur,  January 28, 2010 at 10:35 AM  

Fantastic place. The soccer bunch still go regularly.

Just don't think you'll get a spot on Saturday night unless you want to wait.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP