Cannoli

When the Pastry Chef discovered that I had never eaten cannoli before, this was quickly remedied by the appearance of three - one with vanilla custard and two with a chocolate cream filling.




I didn't know what to expect. A deep fried outer? And then a soft filling? Crazy!


So I nibbled a bit of the outside and it was....pretty good!



They were dusted with icing sugar and I took one of the chocolate ones to try.



It was a bit of a mess eating them but the payoff was worth it. I'm happy to be able to now say that I have eaten cannoli!

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

3 comments:

  1. still going strong even while overseas... keep it up! the big bucks sponsorship money will be rolling in soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love cannoli! When you get around to it, try ones that are filled with ricotta, mascarpone or a combination of both. And, although harder to find, cannoli filled with gelato are beautiful =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, cannoli filled with gelato sounds absolutely delicious!!!!

    ReplyDelete