Product Review: Lotte Choco Pie

The name of this product makes me laugh everytime I say it. Choco pie.

It sounds so bogan "Ma, I'm having a choco pie now!!"

But anyway, a box of these arrived in our kitchen and I helped myself to one. I think there were about 12 each in one box and the package is about 3 inches by 3 inches.

The outside of the packet



I eagerly tore off the package and produced the choco pie.



The name is a bit misleading since it's not a pie.

The Choco Pie


The most similar product that I can think of is a Wagon Wheel. Yet this is so different from a Wagon Wheel as well.


Side view



Basically it is two round slices of crumbly cake (but not dry crumbs, a bit moist) with a large wedge of marshmallow in the middle and coated with chocolate.

Inside the Choco Pie



It isn't super sweet but it doesn't have any special flavour either.

Ok for a snack if there isn't anything else in the kitchen but I wouldn't purchase it myself.




retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

2 comments:

  1. OMG I loved these! When I was traveling in Vietnam, it was my staple snack for long bus rides. I think my friends and I made up a song about them too...

    I didn't know you could get them in Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi bloomingroses:

    What a small world of snacks! You must share the song sometime.

    I think they were found at a Korean grocery store.

    ReplyDelete