Element Bistro, Sydney CBD

>> November 24, 2009

Element is a French restaurant that is tucked away on King St near Pitt St Mall. If it weren't for my friend who suggested this for lunch one day, I never even would have known it existed!

It opens at 11.45am and our reservation was for 12pm so I was the first person in an empty restaurant. The waitress wasn't particularly friendly - maybe this was because they had only just opened?

In any case, I amused myself by taking some photos of the interior.

Specials written on the blackboard


Nice cushy chairs



Other patrons began to arrive, including my friend and we set about deciding what to have for lunch.

Bread and butter


I am pleased to report that the food was delicious.


Chicken Liver Parfait with Toast ($14)


We shared this appetiser and although the parfait was very yummy, we both agreed that the 'toast' fingers accompaniment could have been better. The fingers were too light and crumbly, making it difficult to slather on the liver parfait. Additionally, I'm not sure what bread it was but it reminded me of brioche (both in texture and taste) with its sweet flavour, which was a bit jarring when paired with the savoury liver (not to mention the absurd number of crumbs which ended up on my side of the table with these toast fingers!). I would have preferred some slices off a baugette or another similar bread.

Our mains arrived soon after and they were good indeed.


Confit Leg of Duck with New Potatoes, Pickled Beetroot, Sage, Garlic & Lemon ($29)


The duck was crisp and perfectly cooked.

I ordered off the specials board for the day.

Pan-fried salmon with vongoles and cauliflower puree ($27)


This was delicious! The cauliflower puree was subtle with the cauliflower flavour and it was easy to scoop up a little bit to have with the salmon.

There was some sort of tomato salsa served on top with the vongoles and this was a refreshing contrast to the warm puree.


All in all, a very satisfying meal and I would love to return and try more of their dishes!





View Larger Map

Element Bistro
163 King St, Sydney 2000








Element Bistro on Urbanspoon

4 comments:

Julian Davis November 24, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Excellent post in your blog. I liked the way you described your day in sydney .

All the food images are mouth watery. Glad to know that you had a great day in sydney .

retrodaze November 25, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Hi Julian Davis: Thanks, it was a very nice day in Sydney indeed!

mademoiselle délicieuse November 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM  

Ooohhh, a French place hidden in the city =) Wonder if they're open for dinner?

retrodaze November 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Hi mademoiselle délicieuse: Yes, they do open for dinner! In fact, I think the lunch and dinner menu are the same?

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP