Portuguese Tarts

I just wanted to share another recent afternoon tea treat that I had, courtesy of the Pastry Chef.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Portuguese Tarts. They have enough similarity to a custard tart that I can't help but compare the two. And I prefer the custard tart.




What do you guys think? Which tart do you prefer? I am visiting Macau later this year so will get a chance to try a 'local' Portuguese tart so to speak, and maybe my opinion will change then.

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

6 comments:

  1. Give them to me then if you're not a fan!
    I prefer the crisp flakiness of the pastry over the custard tart.
    But I like custard in general, so it doesn't really matter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mobblees.
    The only thing that custard tarts have over portuguese tarts is their size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Custard tart, Portuguese tart...meh...I'll scoff both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good tart hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aiyah why is there soy-sauce on tart!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rono: That isn't soy sauce, it is the browning of the custard that occurs when the tart is in the oven. It is the sign of a good Portuguese tart!

    ReplyDelete