Updated Recent Moogoo order review

Ok, this wasn't a recent order - I originally posted this months ago but since I changed my blog url, the link to my review doesn't work anymore! It's beyond my technological capabilities to figure out so I'm just going to repost it :)

I also added a few comments since I've had some more time to regularly use the products.

Soothing MSM cream (24.95 AUD)

I have only tested this once because I haven't finished my tub of Moogoo Scalp cream. The texture of the MSM cream is heavier than the Scalp cream, while the latter is almost liquid, the former reminds me of a thick yoghurt. The colour is also pinky compared to the white of the Scalp cream. However, it absorbs just as well and when I start to use it regularly, I'll be able to let you know if the added MSM makes any difference. I do really like the Scalp cream though, it's light and gentle and doesn't clog up the pores.




Update: The MSM cream works well in winter when my skin is feeling dry. However, I feel as though sometimes after applying it, the cream sits on my skin for a longer period of time compared to the Scalp cream. You can't say that you don't get your money's worth though, I've been using the MSM cream for months and have barely made a dent in the tub!



Cow Lick Edible Lip Balm (4.50 AUD)

Great. Love the product. It's a clear yellow in the tube and reminds me of a chapstick. The difference is that my lips still feel soft and moisturised long after the product has disappeared from my lips. As for the edible claim, I haven't intentionally eaten the product from my lips to test the taste but I guess it is a bit reassuring to know the ingredients are somewhat edible.

Tingling Honey Lip Balm (4.50 AUD)

Advertised as the Cow Lick lip balm but with an extra tingling sensation.

I'm a big fan of mint flavoured lip products and tingling sensations. Despite this, I think that I prefer the Cow Lick lip balm. Why? Well to be frank, the tingling sensation from the Honey lip balm is not that big. In fact, I can barely feel it! From reading the ingredients list, the differences that I see from the Cow Lick lip balm is the addition of menthol and honey, and the lack of sesame oil. For some reason, the Cow Lick lip balm feels more moisturising on my lips.


Update: Aside from the 'edible' tag, these balms really don't do anything special for my lips. Then again, I'm used to wearing balm ALL the time, and am particularly fond of ointments so maybe that's why? I've also barely made a dent in these but again, I have a high number of balms on rotation so that's not surprising.



Skin Milk Udder cream (9.90 AUD)


This smells absolutely delicious! I know that some others can't stand the smell of it but I love that milky/apple cider vinegar scent. It is a very light cream, with the consistency of a gel that spreads easily over the face. This is going to be my new day face cream in the winter.


Update: I still love this! I use it as a morning face cream and love the light, airy texture. I'm a bit sad that I'm going to change to a face cream with SPF when spring comes around but in the meantime, it is still my HG cream.


Since I've gotten this far, I might as well review some other Moogoo products that I've tried before:

Milk, Oatmeal and Honey Soap (6.90 AUD)

This soap has a very strong smell. Moogoo also like to include a sample of this in with orders for customers. My brother is a big fan of this soap, but the scent is a bit too overpowering for me. To be honest, I don't find it makes that much of a difference to my skin texture after using it. I recommend that people keep the soap out of the shower when not using it, otherwise it tends to erode and fall apart more quickly.

Oil Cleanser (24.90 AUD)

This cleanser comes in four varieties for different skin types. Some people who order it for the first time are surprised at the small size of the bottle - for reference, you receive 100 mL which is roughly about half the height of a Mount Franklin bottle and a bit narrower.

For those who don't know about oil cleansing, the idea is that rather than using a water based foaming face wash, an alternative is to massage oil onto your face (not just any oil, special cleansing oils! Don't go into your kitchen grabbing olive/magarine/canola oils!), let it rest and purify your pores, and then rinse it off with water.

I liked the cleanser but I wouldn't order it again. It did make my skin feel soft immediately after I rinsed off the oil, but didn't make much of a difference in the long term.

Milk Shampoo (16.50 AUD)

Not a fan. Moogoo have developed their own irritant free cleanser and steered clear of the usual shampoo suspects like Sodium Lauryl Sulphate. SLS is a tricky thing, it is a cheap chemical that is typically added to shampoos, detergents etc in order to foam up the product.

I am guilty of loving a good foamy shampoo and for this reason, I am giving my personal thumbs down to the milk shampoo. (Side note: I have been getting great results with Redken lately!)


I really like Moogoo. It feels good to support an Australian based company and I do like the natural factor in their products. See www.moogoo.com.au if you want more information or want to order their products. I hope this review has helped and feel free to ask any more questions!*


* Note: I do not suffer from dermatitis, eczema or any other skin condition so am unable to comment on the effect of these products on any symptoms of the conditions.

2 comments:

  1. I have tried a few items on theirs and they're pretty good although I have to say that the soap is brilliant and so gentle. I really liked it when they did the long soap logs too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lorraine - I must be the odd one out because quite a few of my friends like their soap as well!

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com