Satang Thai Exclusive (2) , Haymarket

This is just a quickie because I have reviewed Satang Exclusive before so please click HERE if you want a more detailed post, including pictures of the restaurant.

A group of us decided to come here for lunch and even though it looked busy from the outside, there were still a few empty tables upstairs!

Lesson learned: always ask if there are any tables free before you go elsewhere.

There were actually five of us but I only managed to get two photos because my companions didn't seem very supportive of my amateur food blogging. I say boo to them.

Egg noodles with BBQ pork ($7.50)


There aren't many soup based noodles available at Satang Thai Exclusive. However, since I had a sore throat, I was willing to bypass their house special fried noodles and other fried varieties, in favour of something more forgiving to my inability to swallow.

So I had a choice between egg noodles (sub-choice between chicken, seafood or bbq pork) and laksa. I went for the egg noodles in order to be as 'gentle' as possible to my throat.


Turns out my gentle choice ended up being something that I could have gotten from a food court! Though it was perfect for what I needed on the day. A clear soup, thin slices of bbq pork (skimpy on the fat which gets a thumbs up from me) and a few pieces of bok choy floating on the top.

Chicken noodles with peanut sauce (???? I totally don't remember what this was...but I do remember that it had a fried egg on it that cost an extra $1.50)


As you may have guessed, I didn't eat this dish so have no idea what it tasted like. The serving was very generous though, I think it could have easily been shared between two people.

I think this is my fourth time at Satang Thai Exclusive and so far, I haven't had a bad experience. The staff are very friendly and willing to split bills at the register which is always a good thing when you're lunching with a group of uni friends. I know that I always hate it when a bill arrives and everyone on the table stares at it blankly before opening their wallet and thrusting forward a fifty!

Satang Thai Exclusive on Urbanspoon

retrodaze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

2 comments:

  1. Damn those uni students with all their $50 bills!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To Sahara: I know, where do they get all that money from??

    ReplyDelete