New Favourite Drink

I just wanted to share my new favourite drink at the moment....



Or in English....




Lychee Tea! It is so delicious!

Usually when browsing for a drink at an asian grocery store, I tend to purchase either old favourites or ones with fancy packaging.

The packaging of this isn't the best - I'm not a fan of the grooves along the bottle and there is a bit too much going on with the label.....but it is so yummy!

The problem with lychee drinks is that they are often too sweet. I cite Yeo's as an example. However, this one has just enough 'tea' to balance out the sweetness and I found myself guzzling down the bottle.

If you want to have a taste for yourself, the brand is POKKA and I think it retails for about $2.00 per bottle.

retrodaze

We have been writing about food in Sydney since 2009. No place is too far or too wide for us to travel to visit. We always give an honest opinion and love to hear your comments too. Here's to an ever-growing society of foodies!

5 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I tried this drink after reading this post. I found it ok but a bit too sweet. I like the T.Grand Green Tea with Honey flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous: I'm sorry to hear you found it too sweet. I don't know what the T-Grand one is - what colour is the bottle and what does it look like? I might try it out next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is green and has a picture of a bee on it

    ReplyDelete
  4. T-grand is the drink i always drink LoL.. there's also a less sweeter but not sweetless jasmin green tea at thai kee i'll show you next time retrodaze =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anonymous: Thanks for the description. I will be sure to keep an eye out for it.

    Hi William: I like it when the drink is sweet, but not too sweet. See, I think this lychee drink is the perfect amount of sweetness.

    ReplyDelete