Krispy Kreme

It was a sad day when the line at Max Brenner was 20 people deep and we decided to go to Krispy Kreme instead. It reminded me why I haven't had a Krispy Kreme for about a year.

Despite the free wifi instore, the decor leaves much to be desired and indeed, most of the patrons sitting in the 'eat-in' section looked gloomy and depressed.

I ordered a small chocolate milkshake ($3.25) when the cashier asked me if, for $6.95, I would like two donuts to go with it. When told that I could choose from any of the donuts, not restricted to the original glazed, I decided to go for it since it seemed like a good deal.

Krispy Kreme Chocolate Milkshake



The milkshake sucked. It tasted like I was drinking flavoured milk. Maybe I was also a bit biased since I saw the staff member pump in copious amounts of Cottees chocolate flavouring into the mixture. Hmm...

Apple Custard Crumble


This was sugar to the max!! I've tilted the donut so that you can see the sugar crystals glinting off the top. Add the sweet apple and custard filling, and biscuit crumble, not to mention the sweet fluffy donut dough and you have a toothache waiting to happen.

After washing down the Apple Custard Crumble with the milkshake, I felt positively sick and couldn't even begin to eat my second donut.



So I took it home and ate it the next day, straight from the fridge.


Tiramisu donut


This was much better than the Apple Custard Crumble. It just tasted like an original glazed but with a light chocolate coffee flavoured filling. Obviously not a good substitute for a real slice of tiramisu but at least it wasn't sugar packed.

I think that I will wait another year until I revisit Krispy Kreme.

2 comments:

  1. KK is so sickeningly sweet! i dont understand how anyone can eat more than one of their doughnuts....

    how do they even make money... and cottees in your drinks.. that is funny but even other, more, 'gourmet' drink places do the same i bet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they easily make money from the Krispy Kreme brand. Remember when they first arrived here and opened a store all the way out west and people were making the journey out there just to score a few.

    ReplyDelete

copyright © . all rights reserved. designed by Color and Code

grid layout coding by helpblogger.com