Etch, Sydney CBD

Etch has been on my list of places to try for a while now, and lucky for me, one of my friends decided to have their birthday dinner there.

For our menu, it was $65pp and we chose from a range of pre-selected dishes for an entree, main and dessert. I have looked at the Etch menu that is available on the website and have approximated the dishes and prices to label my photos with, but it might not be exactly the same.

Etch is located in the Intercontinental Hotel, which is a short walk from Circular Quay station.

The back half of the restaurant was converted into a private room for my friend's birthday, and it was very warm and cosy inside.

Mock fireplace inside the room


Table settings





It was hard to decide which dishes to order for the night, but we ended up with a wide range of dishes on the table in order to taste different items.

Entrees

Spiced kingfish with Bangkok flavours ($19)


Pumpkin soup, smoked almonds, goats’ curd cream and toast ($16)


I had the kingfish and it was really nice. The kingfish was raw and fresh; the salad on top was mainly comprised of cucumber. If I had anything to criticise, it would be that the dressing was a tiny bit bland in that I couldn't really taste any 'Bangkok' element in the flavour.

I don't have a photo of the other entree choice, which was caramelised pork belly with a sweet corn puree but I did taste the pork belly and it was delicious without having too much fat on it.


Mains

Braised lamb shanks with herb crushed potato and piperade jus ($32)


Organic grass fed wagyu burger with caramelised onions, pickled beetroot and cheddar ($22)

served with hot chips and garlic aioli sauce



The lamb shanks were fall apart and served without the bone. Two thumbs up.


Desserts


Baked chocolate delice with mandarin ($15)


I think the chocolate delice was a work of art. Each of those little globules had a different flavour and texture. I loved seeing the 'chocolate slick', a phrase that I've learned from the masterchef macaroon challenge!


Treacle and walnut pudding with cinnamon anglaise and white coffee ice cream ($15)



The pudding was just a bit too sweet with an overdose of sugar. However, the white coffee ice cream was absolutely delicious, with a strong coffee flavour and the texture of premium ice cream.

Our table also shared sides of:
  • Wild rocket with balsamic and pecorino
  • Potatoes: mashed
  • Fried Provencal potatoes with aged prosciutto and smoked garlic mayonnaise
Which were an excellent accompaniment to our meal.

All in all, a good experience at Etch and I would definitely revisit.

retrodaze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment