Japanese Hontou pancake

The Japanese Hontou pancake stall usually has a line of at least six people deep on Friday nights at the Chinatown markets.

Luckily I have a uni break in the afternoon when the stalls are just setting up and decided to bite the bullet and purchase one.

They come in custard, chocolate, green tea and I think cheese? They cost two dollars each or three for $5. I'm a big fan of green tea so decided to try that flavour:

The outside of the hontou


The inside of the hontou


I was actually  a bit disappointed. The filling wasn't very sweet and the green tea flavour was more bitter matcha than anything else. The outside was also a bit dry and reminded me of Emperor's puffs.
Rating: 2/5

retrodaze

Phasellus facilisis convallis metus, ut imperdiet augue auctor nec. Duis at velit id augue lobortis porta. Sed varius, enim accumsan aliquam tincidunt, tortor urna vulputate quam, eget finibus urna est in augue.

No comments:

Post a Comment